Monday 3 May 2010

"I Can't See Your Star. How Can The Darkness Feel So Wrong? And I'm Alone Now."

This is a monologue I have written by adapting the last three pages of Godchild : Book 8. There were only a few lines to work with so I think I've done pretty well. This will be my monologue at drama if we do them. I already know most of it off by heart.

Godchild: The Ending

Scene: Dominic Crehador recounting seeing Cain and Riff’s corpses.
Type: Monologue
Book: 8
Characters: Dominic Crehador.


Dominic:
That day still stands so vividly in my mind. It was over six years ago, and yet it feels as though only days have passed. I know not whether telling Mary Weather the truth about her brother’s death all those years ago is the right thing to do. She has still not managed to get over it. I know not whether telling her that I heard her brother’s voice after death is a good thing or not. Reflecting back on that day – that incident at the gates of Hell – I can no longer remember whether I used my powers as a medium to hear it, or whether they were actual words. They seemed so... real. But I know for certain that I received this ring – Cain’s cousin Suzette’s ring – and that ‘feeling’. That feeling of a bond never broken.
The sight when I stumbled into those ruins – that tomb – the sight that I saw that day... it was neither that of a Master and servant, nor a sight of dependency. And of course it was not about love. I shall most likely never be able to forget the sight of something so eternal. It was too dreamlike... Lord I wish it was a dream. He was stuck-up and snooty, but he was still a friend. They would still be here if it were a dream. I still cannot believe it after all these years, because at that moment when I stumbled into the tomb, much like when I first met the Earl, Cain was so self-confident and even a little arrogant. He possessed a balance of devilishness and holiness that could fascinate those around him in an instant. Yes, even at that moment, as though he were going to an evening ball in London – unchangingly – no matter what trials he had faced, he continued as gracefully as ever to smile. He held out his hand to me and said, ‘Take care of her for me, Crehador. Tell Oscar if he so much as hurts her in one way I will forever haunt him. Stand back, Crehador, but remain present. You owe me this, Charlatan.’ I can’t help smiling at that. He was always so stubborn.
No, I don’t think I will tell Miss. Mary Weather all of this. I shall bare it in my heart until the day my soul leaves this body. Mary doesn’t need to know this... I am glad to bare it for her.
Cain and Riff will remain eternally bound forever. As it always should be.


Let me know what you think to it :)


(Blog Title: Your Star by Evanescence)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SONG OF THE WEEK : End Of The Summer - Theory Of The Deadman (See Below Post)

Embrace Insanity - Dream (A Song By Me, Performed By Embrace Insanity. Lyrics Below On The Right)

peta2.com
I am one of more than 100,000 Against Fur! Become one too at peta2.com

"Dream" Lyrics

I was lost, in this world of darkness, But you found me and turned on the light. Bright green eyes that shine like gems. Please don't let me outta sight. You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Candy floss castles and flying gold keys, Chocolate logs and wishing trees. I made a wish, hope it comes true, Do you understand that i love you? You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Gingerbread houses and candy cane poles, A big gold bell that rings at each toll. Silvery unicorn and syrupy lake, You will always be the cherry on my cake. You give me an excuse to dream, You make me smile, every hour, everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, I hope everything will stay this way. You give me an excuse to dream, (Oh, an excuse to dream) You put a smile on my face, every hour of everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, (Next to, next to you) I hope everything will stay this way.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Go - Boys Like Girls