Tuesday 29 December 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Having Not Blogged For Two Whole Months, I Think I Need To...

... Debatable, but still an enjoyable time. Usually I don't get that excited about Christmas, not since I stopped believing in Jolly Old Saint Nick.... but this year for some reason I felt more like a kid. On Christmas Eve we did the American thing and had our Christmas dinner in the evening - a chance to dress up, be goofy and act crazy (not that I need an excuse for that... :L ) . I had been at my best friends birthday party Wednesday night and Thursday morning, so effectively I got home and got changed and then set up the Christmas table. My Mum has an obsession with this gorgeous china called 'Portmarion' and they do a Christmas Story set, which my Mum religiously spent the year collecting. I set the Christmas Table each year, as I can't cook and I have an OCD eye for detail and symmetry. I also have a very Monica (from FRIENDS) type attitude to partys, which this was effectively. I went and got changed into one of my Hell Bunny dresses, which I got in the summer because I hate skirts. I even spent half an hour curling my hair.. which definitely marked a special occasion because I hate using appliances on my hair as it kills it.



The dinner was amazing, well done Mum.



Christmas Day, my alarm went off at half 6 because I knew my younger brother would be awake and waiting, and as a rule we're not allowed to go downstairs without my parents. I went upstairs (my room is on the ground floor) and joined my parents and brother in their bed, and then we sat on the stairs while people went to the loo ... I felt like a kid again.. don't you just love that early morning Christmas feeling??
We went downstairs and as tradition stands, Santa had filled my Pooh bear stocking with gifts and D's huge snowman sack was overflowing. I open mine slowly, savouring them as I unwrap them, but D (my brother) rips all his open at once, then looks at them later. I got a huge make up set and over 20 official make up brushes (I want to be a make up artist in the future) ... I also got pyjamas (I lack proper pyjamas and sleep in t shirts) and tartan skinnies. Harry Potter 6 on dvd, Dorian Gray on dvd, a Japanese graphic novel, which is Gothic and my kinda thing, Manga style. From my parents I got John Barrowmans new autobiography and Alice in Wonderland collectors edition... and lots of candy canes. From Niall I got a Skelanimal toy, which I didn't put down for the entire day.


I love Christmas day, not for the presents, but for the atmosphere and spending it with loved ones.

I hope your Christmas was amazing too xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good time at BF party!

    Sounds like christmas was great fun.
    Enjoy your New Year and we will catch up when you get back. xx

    ReplyDelete

SONG OF THE WEEK : End Of The Summer - Theory Of The Deadman (See Below Post)

Embrace Insanity - Dream (A Song By Me, Performed By Embrace Insanity. Lyrics Below On The Right)

peta2.com
I am one of more than 100,000 Against Fur! Become one too at peta2.com

"Dream" Lyrics

I was lost, in this world of darkness, But you found me and turned on the light. Bright green eyes that shine like gems. Please don't let me outta sight. You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Candy floss castles and flying gold keys, Chocolate logs and wishing trees. I made a wish, hope it comes true, Do you understand that i love you? You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Gingerbread houses and candy cane poles, A big gold bell that rings at each toll. Silvery unicorn and syrupy lake, You will always be the cherry on my cake. You give me an excuse to dream, You make me smile, every hour, everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, I hope everything will stay this way. You give me an excuse to dream, (Oh, an excuse to dream) You put a smile on my face, every hour of everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, (Next to, next to you) I hope everything will stay this way.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Go - Boys Like Girls