Friday 19 March 2010

"Losing The Feeling Of Feeling Unique"

Playing Card Dress, Eccentric Make-Up, Top Hat, Bright Red Shoes ... sound like a costume list for a low budget production of Alice In Wonderland. Well, it's not. This is just the typical outfit warn by me.
I wear odd and eccentric clothing to - as my Mum puts it - hide behind. Most people - when feeling self conscious or not confident - dress down and hide behind the crowd. I don't. I dress UP and stand out. It makes me feel good about myself. When people point and laugh at me, or even when they run away screaming, I just smile and think to myself 'Hallelujah, thank Lucifer for quirkiness'. I don't get why people want to dress normal and be a 'clone'... where's the fun and individuality in that? Everyone bangs on about 'being individual', when in actual fact hardly anybody has the guts to stand up scream to heavens "Hell, I'm individual, I'm original and I don't give a flaming SH@T!" For me, being different is a breath of fresh air. I thrive upon being individual, even when people shoot me down. Just today I was shot down, and sure, I felt like I wanted to rip my dress to shreds, pull my hair decorations out to the extent my hair came out with them, and scrub the make up off my face so hard it took my skin off with it, but that feeling passed quickly afterwards. Me not being individual is like a cat not having fur. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and yes, I may be branded a 'freak' and beaten down, but at the end of the day - it's only because the person doing the beating is too scared to admit their own individuality.

Hell, I am what I am, I am my special creation ! (See the 'song of the week')



~ "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it.
Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.
Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books.
Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.
Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.
Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." ~ Buddha ~

(Blog Title : Nine In The Afternoon by Panic! At The Disco)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SONG OF THE WEEK : End Of The Summer - Theory Of The Deadman (See Below Post)

Embrace Insanity - Dream (A Song By Me, Performed By Embrace Insanity. Lyrics Below On The Right)

peta2.com
I am one of more than 100,000 Against Fur! Become one too at peta2.com

"Dream" Lyrics

I was lost, in this world of darkness, But you found me and turned on the light. Bright green eyes that shine like gems. Please don't let me outta sight. You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Candy floss castles and flying gold keys, Chocolate logs and wishing trees. I made a wish, hope it comes true, Do you understand that i love you? You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Gingerbread houses and candy cane poles, A big gold bell that rings at each toll. Silvery unicorn and syrupy lake, You will always be the cherry on my cake. You give me an excuse to dream, You make me smile, every hour, everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, I hope everything will stay this way. You give me an excuse to dream, (Oh, an excuse to dream) You put a smile on my face, every hour of everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, (Next to, next to you) I hope everything will stay this way.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Go - Boys Like Girls