Sunday 21 March 2010

"We Swam In The Fountains, Beneath The Morning Stars. We Cried From The Laughter & Died In Each Others Arms. Remember, & Live Forever."

Here is an extract for my current book, due for publishing July 2010. All names, ideas, plotlines and characters are copyrighted to the author, which is me.

The story follows 17 year old Shamira Maddox, born 1773, died 1790. Shamira was a bit of a slut, always moving from bed to bed. But one night she got raped and murdered by a boy with electric blue eyes. Once entering Heaven, she goes through 'processing' and is deemed worthy of a second chance... then the fall begins.
Shamira - now officially a 'Fallen Angel' - is assigned to 17 year old Dinah Niyati, a rebellious girl, born 1993, who gambles with her life on a regular basis. It is Shamira's job to protect her from an unknown evil and reclaim her place in Heaven.
But can Shamira convince Dinah that her story is true and she is not just high on drugs, can Dinah keep up the secret act and try to set her life straight? Can Shamira protect Dinah as a Guardian Angel should, or is the evil force stronger than both girls expect?


Heaven Forbid (Extract)

“Like I said, time stops still up there. Why do you think I’m so hungry?” Shamira said. “It was fun watching the world change however. Watching people develop. I got tremendously life sick though.” Her voice tailed off for a moment, then she snapped back. “After the waiting room we were sorted into three groups. The first group were good and worthy enough for the Golden Gates. They were each handed gold halos and white wings.” She said it powerfully. “The second group was for Hell, for the really bad people. They were handed demon horns and a one way ticket to timeless torture.” Shamira’s eyes glittered. “And the third group was for the ones in the middle. The ones who were bad, but had good traits too.” She sniffed. “We were handed black halos and black wings and sent to a sort of concentration camp for a few years, or hours in our case. We had to wait for Lucifer, who would then come and brief us on our situation and assign us each a problem case to try and crack, in order to prove ourselves and earn our gold crowns and white wings.” Shamira sounded disheartened. “Then we were given a ‘substitute soul’ to live on, then pushed out into the atmosphere and that’s where the fall begins.” Shamira shuddered. “Plummeting to Earth at 500 miles an hour through the icy atmosphere.”
“How come you’re never seen?” Dinah asked.
“We are. What do you think shooting stars are?” Shamira asked.
“So say you’re telling the truth and you are actually a fallen angel...” Dinah licked her lips. “Prove it.” Her eyes glittered maliciously. Shamira looked at her for a few moments, surveying Dinah’s expression. Then, slowly, she got to her feet and stood in the middle of the kitchen floor.
“Are you ready for this?” Shamira asked. Dinah nodded, clutching the back of her chair impatiently. Part of her wanted to believe Shamira’s impressive story, but part of her knew it couldn’t be real.
“Impendo pennae.” Shamira said, softly, and instantly a beautiful pair of black wings sprouted from her shoulder blades. They were each about 5 foot long and curved upwards. Dinah’s jaw dropped. They were made of what seemed to be elongated crows feathers and looked incredibly soft and shiny. “Niger flos videor.” Shamira muttered and a black halo appeared above her head, bathing her in a silvery light. The halo shimmered and set rings of silver in Shamira’s long black hair. She had her arms outstretched in a powerful stance.
“Do you believe me now?” Shamira asked. Dinah nodded slowly, her jaw still hanging down. Shamira smiled and closed it for her. Shamira’s skin felt soft and cool, like it wasn’t really there.
“I’m dreaming. Imagining things. This can’t be real.” Dinah muttered.
“I could pinch you if you would like.” Shamira laughed, holding her painted nails up in a pinching gesture.
“I thought guardian angels were...” Dinah started, not sure how to continue.
“Were what? White, gold, pretty?” Shamira asked defensively.
“More... breath taking.” Dinah replied. Shamira raised an eyebrow.
“I could be breath taking if I chose to be. I could throttle you, that would be breath taking.” Shamira threatened, her whole personality sharpening.

.............


What do you think??

(Blog Title : Live Forever by The Rasmus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SONG OF THE WEEK : End Of The Summer - Theory Of The Deadman (See Below Post)

Embrace Insanity - Dream (A Song By Me, Performed By Embrace Insanity. Lyrics Below On The Right)

peta2.com
I am one of more than 100,000 Against Fur! Become one too at peta2.com

"Dream" Lyrics

I was lost, in this world of darkness, But you found me and turned on the light. Bright green eyes that shine like gems. Please don't let me outta sight. You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Candy floss castles and flying gold keys, Chocolate logs and wishing trees. I made a wish, hope it comes true, Do you understand that i love you? You give me an excuse to dream, Just don't let me dream my life away. As long as i spend it next to you, Things will always stay this way. Gingerbread houses and candy cane poles, A big gold bell that rings at each toll. Silvery unicorn and syrupy lake, You will always be the cherry on my cake. You give me an excuse to dream, You make me smile, every hour, everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, I hope everything will stay this way. You give me an excuse to dream, (Oh, an excuse to dream) You put a smile on my face, every hour of everyday. As long as i spend it next to you, (Next to, next to you) I hope everything will stay this way.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Australian Koala Foundation - Check It Out.

Go - Boys Like Girls